Whether you aim to improve your skiing skills, finish the 13 km Mini Birkie or improve your personal best time in the 55 km with pack, the Birkie Learn to Loppet ski lessons will help you achieve your personal goals. Lessons are not cancelled for inclement weather. Click here for more details.
- Free admission for Learn to Loppet (LTL) participants to wax clinics (beginner and intermediate) held in January by MEC
- Discounts for LTL participants off Birkie event registration
- $15 off 55 km events
- $10 off 31 km event
- $5 off 13 km event
- Class is full, register early next year.
Dates and Times:
- Saturday Jan. 7, 2017, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Intro, basic wax clinic, test skis
- Mondays (4) Jan. 9 to Jan. 30, 2017, 7 – 9 p.m: Ski lessons at Gold Bar Park (dress for the weather)
- Saturday Feb. 4th or 5th , 2017 (TBD), 10 – noon: Pre-Birkie ski lesson/race-prep session on the trails at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area (Blackfoot)
- Monday Feb. 13, 2017, 7-9: Wrap-up pizza and beer celebration at Alley Kat Brewery
Cost: NO REFUNDS
- $150 before December 21, 2016
- $165 until registration closing January 10, 2017
Saturday waxing instruction at Goldstick Park Pavilion, Park Entrance is at 4210-101 Ave.
Monday evening lessons at Gold Bar pavilion, 10955 50 St.
Pre-Birkie ski prep at Blackfoot, Waskahegan Staging Area
Lead Instructor and Coordinator:
Jared Reichert is a CANSI Level II instructor and has taught Learn to Loppet and Birkie Training Group sessions. He and his fellow instructors are excited for another year with the Learn to Loppet program. They look forward to continue working with returning students and to welcoming and introducing new students to the joys of skiing loppets!