Registration is closed for 2017.
If you are participating in the 55 km with pack, 55 km Lite, or the 31 km tour, you will need to select an appropriate wave in which to start. There will be three start waves; 9:00 am, 9:15, and 9:30; based on skier speed instead of event selection. This will facilitate skiers being able to ski at a comfortable pace for each with minimal if any bottlenecks on the courses. Read this to choose your appropriate wave start.
- Early bird: Wednesday, November 16, 2016
- 2nd Deadline: Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Final Deadline: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Fees and deadlines:
We work hard to provide the highest quality event possible at the lowest cost. Our fees remain among the lowest in Canada for major events including other marathon events and major loppets, especially considering we host a point-to-point winter loppet, run in a rural park environment. This requires a lot of transportation, tents / infrastructure and other support.
|Events and Fees||By Nov 16, 2016||Nov 17 to|
Jan 18, 2017
|Jan 19 to
Feb 8 2017
|55 km Torskeklubben Birkebeiner with pack||$80||$95||$110|
|55 km Spencer Environmental Birkie Lite||$80||$95||$110|
31 km Erika’s Tour
|29 km Bergans of Norway Skate Ski||$75||$90||$105|
|13 km Global Mini Birkie||$35||$40||$50|
|2.5 km or 4 km Ole’s Tour
presented by E Construction
To Withdraw from the Event:
- NO REFUNDS
- Please email the office and specify your full name and the event you are withdrawing from so we do not have a registration package made up for you.
Event Changes (before the final deadline date):
- Email the office and specify your full name, the event you wish to change out of and the event you wish to change to.
- There is a $10 fee for any changes, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable
- You will need to acknowledge that the $10 fee will be charged to the credit card that you used to sign up with. Please note:
- If there are any changes to your credit card information, contact the office to make other arrangements
- If someone else paid for your registration, they will need to contact the office to give authorization to charge this to their card
- There are no refunds of any difference if the event is downgraded
Event Changes (at Nordic Fair / Registration Package Pick up):
- Any changes after the final deadline must be done at the Nordic Fair / Registration Package Pick up
- The fee to make any changes is $20, plus any difference between event fees, if applicable
Can I pick up a registration package for a friend or family?
Yes. Just let the volunteers know the full name, age and event that your friend or family is registered in. Please be sure to check their timing chip (if they are in a timed event) before you leave the Nordic Fair.
Can I pick up my registration package at the event site?
No. If you are unable to make it to the Nordic Fair, please ask a friend or family member to pick up your package for you. Exceptions may be made for skiers from out of town but there are few volunteers at the start so please arrive early and be prepared to wait in line.