Training – Birkie Preparation
The Canadian Birkie is a “Loppet” – a recreational race of varying distances. Whether you aim to finish the 13 km Mini Birkie or improve your personal best time in the 55 km with pack, by training ahead you will have more fun reaching your personal goals. Grab a friend and start training!
- The Birkie Training Group Fall Dryland session is for skiers keen on kick-starting their ski season with group dry land training.
- The Birkie Training Group Winter Session is aimed at those with at least two years of ski experience with at least an average fitness level, who are planning to ski a 31 km or 55 km event.
- The Birkie Training Group Mid-Week Winter Session is aimed at those with at least two years of ski experience and of intermediate or advanced fitness, who are available to meet during the work day.
- In the Learn to Loppet lessons you will learn how to prepare for the Birkie loppet and improve your skiing technique. All levels welcome.
- The Birkie Rookie Package is designed for beginner cross country skiers to introduce them to the fun of the Canadian Birkebeiner. Registration in the 13 km Birkie is included.
- We have training ideas and tips in the Training Resources section.